Thursday, February 17, 2011

Take Hair to New Heights with these Haute Hair Products


If you have fine, thin hair like me, you're probably always on the hunt for hair products that add body and volume.  Recently, I purchased one of the newest products from Living Proof, and have really loved the results so far!  Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse is formulated with a "revolutionary technology" that I'm not even going to attempt to understand.  However, I can tell you that this mousse is the best I've tried thus far!  It definitely makes hair feel and look thicker, plus adds volume that lasts!  To really make this mousse work, you do need to blow dry your hair (I recommend drying with your head upside down to achieve the most volume).  The only two downsides to this product is that it does leave hair with a texture that is less silky than without it, and it's fairly pricey ($24).  However, if I continue to get the results I've seen in the last few weeks, I will definitely shell out the cash for another bottle!

Haute Lunch Rating: 4.5 out of 5 trays




Of course, not even the best of the best can keep your hair big forever, so if you find your style is starting to droop, there's another great product that can bring back the volume instantly!  Cake Satin Sugar Hair and Body Refreshing Powder is available for lighter and darker hues, and does wonder to restore volume and bounce!  It also smells amazing (makes me want to eat my hair) and doesn't leave any residue!  All you have to do is sprinkle a little into your hands and massage into the roots of your hair!  It soaks up any excess oil and provides a pick me up that lasts the rest of the night!  I really like this product and find it handy if I'm going out after work but don't have enough time to do my hair again.  This item retails for $16, which isn't too bad considering the amount of product you get and the price of other, similar products (e.g. Big Sexy Hair's Powder Play- which I don't like as much, by the way).

Haute Lunch Rating: 4 out of 5 trays




Of course, I do have a much cheaper option that I often use to restore volume and remove excess oil from my hair.  Baby Powder can give you more than soft, dry skin.  If I want to take care of some errands in the morning before showering I simply run baby powder through my hair, comb it out, and style as usual.  This is a super cheap alternative to volumizing/refreshing powder, and is also a great substitute for dry shampoo.  Unfortunately, baby powder doesn't come in brown, so brunettes and raven haired girls are out of luck on this one.  However, don't feel too down, as baby powder can cause a bit of an itchy scalp and isn't a great option for a night on the town- unless you don't mind smelling like a newborn!

Haute Lunch Rating: 3.5 out of 5 trays




What are your tricks to achieving big, beautiful hair?  Please share by commenting below!

No comments:

Post a Comment