Friday, February 18, 2011

Be Beautiful Inside and Out!

Every Friday I have to go into school early to teach.  Of course, I have come to appreciate sleep more an more in the last few years, and this was one of those mornings that I just didn't want to get up.  However, I got ready and headed out to catch the bus just in time for class.  It wasn't until the bus pulled up that I realized I didn't have my bus pass on me, and was in all likelihood going to miss this bus and be late for class.  Just as I was frantically searching through my bag for some loose change to pay the fare, a super sweet girl walked up and said, "Don't worry about it, I'll get it for you," and immediately paid the fare for two people.

This simple act made my day so much better!  To go out of your way for a complete stranger is a beautiful thing to do, and this simple act inspired me to write about ways in which we can all be beautiful on the inside!  Inner beauty is about taking care of others, but also taking care of yourself.  Feeling good and doing good adds a charming glow to people that no product can recreate!  So today, I encourage you to work on making yourself more beautiful on the inside!  You can start by doing something as simple as calling your friends or family just to say hi, or writing an old role model who made a positive difference in your life.

Small acts of kindness make the biggest difference.  What simple things have people done for you that really made your day?  How do you show off your inner beauty?  Share your thoughts and keep an eye out for future posts about how to keep yourself looking good inside and out!

3 comments:

  1. So true, darling!
    Loving your message and the name of your blog ~ so cute!
    Thanks for following me on Twitter!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying it forward always makes me feel better! Thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete