Monday, February 28, 2011

February Favorites



As my blog continues to grow and evolve, I want give my wonderful readers opportunities to get to know me on a more personal level.  One way in which I hope to make this possible is through a monthly posting of my current favorite things.  By reading about what I love most, I hope that you walk away with a fuller sense of who I am.  For example, after this initial "Favorites" posting, you might begin to see that I am part raccoon!  I love anything that sparkles and shines!


Another goal of these posts is to have all you gorgeous gals tell me what you currently love most!  I really enjoy getting to know people and making new friends, so don't hesitate to comment and interact!  I love having all of you as followers and am always excited to hear your thoughts!


So now, without further ado, I bring you my first installation of my monthly favorite things!


Right now (and always) I'm loving all things shiny and metallic.  I particularly love my Oh Deer! silver sequin heels!  These shoes really make a statement and I get so many compliments no matter where I go!  I love to wear these to parties and will occasionally throw them on during the day to take a simple outfit to new levels!


I also absolutely adore my Treesje studded satchel!  This beautiful handbag is made of super soft Italian leather (yes, that is actually leather) with silver thread stitching.  The studs and hardware on the handles give this bag a bit of a funky feel, and it's big enough to fit everything I need to carry with me for the day!  This bag is so unique and has quickly become my favorite handbag to carry on a regular basis!


My other favorite accessory at the moment is my Michael Kors "Madison" watch.  This watch is made of clear resin with rose gold plating and sparkling crystals.  I love the chronograph dial, which is also adored with crystals, and was surprised to find out how light this watch was to wear (apparently resin doesn't weigh much).  This was a gift from my boyfriend that was definitely much appreciated!  This watch is another unique piece that I'm constantly receiving compliments on.


Although these first three items are all shiny and sparkling, my next fave is a product that aims to remove shine.  Philosophy's Never Let Them See You Shine Primer is a wonderful, mattifying primer that keeps my forehead and cheeks shine free all day long!  It is also super lightweight and reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines.  I have a few primers that I really enjoy, but this is currently my absolute favorite!


My favorite makeup right now is Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Plum Mascara.  This burgundy/plum colored version of Benefit's bestselling mascara provides all the length and volume you would expect from BADgal, but really makes my green eyes stand out!  It probably looks great with brown eyes, too.  I love to wear it with neutral eye shadows that way it really pops!


My favorite hair product right now it is Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil.  It provides softness and shine and helps prevent breakage.  It also smells fabulous and isn't overly greasy or heavy.  Other argan oils I've tried cost much more than Organix, which makes this a great budget buy as well!  Also, this bottle is much larger than many other argan oil products, so it last a loooong time!



Korres Shower Gel made my favorites list because it provides a luscious lather and helps keep my skin moisturized even through this dry winter weather!  Korres only uses all natural ingredients, which is great for sensitive skin!  I've definitely noticed that my skin has been silkier since I started using this shower gel.  The Jasmine scent gel also smells nice, but isn't overpowering.


As for fragrance, Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy has quickly become one of my favorites.  It's the newest addition to my collection, but I have completely fallen in love with the playful scent.  It goes on with notes of berries, jasmine, and honeysuckle and finishes with deep notes of amber, vanilla, and sandalwood.  My boyfriend also really enjoys this perfume, which is a big plus!


This brings us to the last of my favorite things for February, and one of the most important.  It is the thing that keeps me connected to all of you when I'm one the go- my LG Vortex Android phone. It also comes in purple (which is of course what I got)!  I love all the applications and widgets available on the Android market, and this phone allows you to quickly access all of them!  The operating system is very easy to navigate, and I can connect to my email, twitter account, facebook, and even update this blog with a few simple clicks!  I am so glad I finally upgraded to an Andriod phone and don't think I could ever go back!


So that's what I'm loving right now!  Again, I'd love to learn more about you all, too, so help me out by telling me what you are loving right now!  

7 comments:

  1. Your watch is beautiful! I also need to look into Oh Deer shoes - they have great styles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Oh Deer shoes are fabulous. Also, if you like them, you should check out Naughty Monkey (if you haven't already). They have some gorgeous, fun heels as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous post!
    Love those pumps!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of all you lovely ladies who have that MK watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get one, Kristin! I absolutely love it! Glad my boyfriend picked up on my hints...Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this kind of post.... I do my favorites too, and I thought no one else did that kind of thing.
    Great blog Love it just my cup of tea I like your taste, style,and layout of blog....dare I say a little similar to mine but better really.
    Cheers from Aussie !! Stella

    ReplyDelete