Sunday, February 13, 2011

Buh-bye Racoon Eyes: Top Eye Makeup Removers

In my previous post I mentioned that a strong eye makeup remover was needed to take care of  Tarte's MultiplEYE™ lash primer.  Well if you're still searching for a remover that gets the job done without pulling out your lashes or leaving your eyes feeling like an oil slick, this review is for you!  In today's post, I'm reviewing not one, but three of the top selling removers: Nars Eye Makeup Remover, Lancome BI-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, and Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover.


Nars Eye Makeup Remover is an oil-in-water remover with cucumber and aloe.  It claims to remove all makeup, even waterproof, without leaving skin greasy.  However, of the three removers I'm reviewing today, this is probably my least favorite. While my eye makeup was completely removed, so were a few of my lashes.  Also, even though the remover is supposed to be grease free, I definitely felt a reside on my skin after use and even the morning after.  I don't think I would dish out the $25 for this product again.


Haute Lunch Rating: 2 out of 5 trays



Lancome BI-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover is a top seller and beauty award winner.  Based upon it's reputation, I was not surprised when this remover lived up to it's promise.  My waterproof mascara and primer came off with ease and my skin felt fresh and grease free.  This is also a very mild remover and didn't irritate my eyes at all. Overall, I have been very pleased with Lancome's remover, which sells for $26, and am now on my second bottle!


Haute Lunch Rating: 5 out of 5 trays

Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover is slightly less expensive than the previous two removers, but at $23 a bottle, it still isn't cheap.  However, like Lancome's BI-Facil remover, this product is mild and effective.  I found this remover really felt like it was not only taking off my makeup, but also conditioning my lashes at the same time.  Unfortunately, this conditioning effect also resulted in a slight oily feeling.  Still, I think this remover is a great buy and outperforms many other products on the market.


Haute Lunch Rating: 4.5 out of 5 trays

If you have a favorite eye makeup remover, leave a comment and tell me which one and why you love it!  Have a cheaper alternative?  I'd love to hear about it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment