Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hair Hydration for Dry Winter Days

Even though I have fine, oily hair, the cold, dry winter days in Chicago still manage to make even my hair dry and begging for moisture.  Luckily, I have found some winter ready products that keep my hair soft, shiny, and healthy all winter through!  My favorite of these products is It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Mask.  This mask is a bit pricey ($26), but leaves hair feeling softer than ever!  This Miracle Mask claims to improve hair in 10 ways:

            1. Detangles
            2. Nourishes
            3. De-frizzes
            4. Softens
            5. Smoothes
            6. Restores Moisture Balance
            7. Instantly Restores Elasticity
            8. Improves Your Color Vibrancy
            9. Imparts Luminous Shine
            10. Enhances Natural Body

While you only need to leave it in a few minutes, I found that leaving it in for 10-15 minutes really provides extreme conditioning that I haven’t seen in any other product before.  It doesn’t weigh hair down, either.  That’s why I’m giving this mask a perfect score!

Haute Lunch Rating: 5 out of 5 trays



However, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner can’t be beat!  This deep conditioning treatment retails for only $3.69 and improves hair moisture and shine almost instantly!  This conditioner is also lightweight and good for any hair type.  However, if you have oily hair, it’s best to concentrate most of the conditioner at the ends while using it sparingly near the roots.

Haute Lunch Rating: 4.5 out of 5 trays



As for daily cleansing and conditioning, my current winter favorite is Ojon’s Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.  The shampoo and conditioner are formulated with 100 percent pure Ojon® palm nut oil, in addition to other all natural plant-derived ingredients that leave hair silky smooth!  Like It’s a 10 Miracle Mask, these products don’t come cheap ($18 for the shampoo & $22 for the conditioner), but I’ve found that a little goes a long way, and the 8.44 oz bottles last up to two months!  The end result is soft, shiny hair with body and manageability.  The scent of this shampoo and conditioner is also very nice- sophisticated and a little sweet.

Haute Lunch Rating- 4.5 out of 5 stars




If you can’t see yourself spending $40 for shampoo and conditioner, check out Dove’s Daily Moisture Replenish Shampoo and Conditioner for just $4.49 each!  When I was using this shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis my hair stylist asked me what I was using because it kept my hair healthier than most drugstore brands her other clients used- what a testimony to the quality of Dove hair care!  Currently, I like to alternate Dove and Ojon to save money and keep my hair totally hydrated everyday!

Haute Lunch Rating: 4 out of 5 trays

Give these products a try!  They really help my hair stay soft in the winter and I'm sure they will help your hair, too.  Also, here's a tip on how to treat your hair from root to ends and prevent tangles from forming: After applying conditioner, run a wide tooth comb through your hair and evenly distribute the conditioner.  Your hair will be silky and tangle-free!

Do you have winter hair issues or a fix for these harsh winter days?  Leave a comment below!


1 comment:

  1. lovely product. i would totally buy it. i thought you might be interested in entering my ELF 83-piece makeup palette and nail polish set giveaway!

    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2011/02/elf-makeup-palette-giveaway.html

    oh, and i love the name of your blog--really clever. following you now!

    ReplyDelete