Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Favorites!


Today is the last day of March (I can't believe it), which means it's time for my monthly favorites list!  This month, I've starting to get back into the swing of spring with some fun colors and patterns.  I have also included some of my favorite beauty products!

To start, I'm loving these brand new "Lana" pumps from BCBGeneration ($79)!  They are made of pony hair (which is actually just normal calf leather with the hair left on), and are dyed to look like zebra skin!  I love the fun, original pattern, and I also love that they have a slight sheen to them that really makes them pop!  I haven't even worn these out yet, but I just love looking at them!  If zebra isn't your thing, they also come in black, blue, purple, and snake skin (which i also love)!

I also love my Marc Jacobs wallet that I snagged from Loehmann's a while back for about $100! This wallet is great for spring because of the pop of neon green, and it's fun and original!  Marc Jacobs always finds a way to win me over, and this is one accessory that I just couldn't go without!

Next up is my "Spring Greening" palette from Tarte Cosmetics!  This palette was available last year, but now it looks like your best bet to snag this baby is on ebay. I was excited to break this out, as I love the gorgeous spring shadows and the cute coral, pink, and sheer lip glosses!  The bamboo eyeshadow brush is also super cute and very soft!  This is one of the first items that really made me fall in love with Tarte Cosmetics!

Now that it's one again acceptable for me to start sporting a tan in Chicago, I'm excited to break out my signature spring and summer color from OPI!  This color looks great against tan skin, and OPI polishes go on nicely and remain chip-free for several days!  This color is from OPI's India Collection and is called "Elephantastic Pink" ($8)!

Spring also means it's time to show some leg!  Now that it's even more important to keep my legs silky smooth, I've been looking for a shaving cream that help prevent irritation and razor burn.  Recently, I purchased Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel ($4.29), which contains natural colloidal oatmeal, and I have been really happy with the results.  I have very sensitive skin, but this shave gel has definitely helped calm my skin and keep those irritating bumps at bay!

For haircare, I'm loving Living Proof's Full Thickening Mousse ($26).  I reviewed this product in a previous post, but I noticed the price went up a couple dollars since I purchased this mousse.  Although it is definitely expensive, it really helps create volume and holds my style all day!  If you have really fine hair, you might want to consider giving this a shot!

This next fave is not for us ladies, but rather for our men!  Acca Kappa 1869 ($72) is an Eau de Cologne that is unique and sexy!  This cologne has notes of cardamom, geranium, iris, violet, amber, vanilla, and leather.  When my boyfriend wears this I can't stop smelling him!  It's very subtle (which I like- hate it when I can smell people from 10 feet away), and it lasts all day!

My final favorite for March is this super cute soy candle I just got from T-aromas on Etsy!  I actually got this candle for free as a little thank you gift for my order, but I love the scent and how long this candle lasts!  I've probably burned it for 5 hours now, and it's still not even halfway gone.  At $4, this candle is a steal, and I love that it's handmade!

So that wraps up another month of faves!  What are you fabulous ladies loving right now?  Have you picked up any fun new spring items lately?  I'd love to hear all about it!  :)  Have a lovely day- and don't forget to enter my Philosophy gift set giveaway which ends Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous post, darling!
    Loving all your loves, especially those pumps!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the makeup and nail color! I've heard good things about soy candles, so I'll have to check out that shop. When I read that those shoes had "pony hair" on them, I gasped out loud and was very relieved after reading further that they didn't actually kill any ponies. I do feel bad for the calves though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea to do monthly favorites!! I love it, girl! I have that Aveeno shave gel, too, and it's sooo great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.P.I has got such a lovely collection of Nail Lacquers. Great Favourites :)

    Hope you can follow me back:
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lana pumps are so very nice! and the OPI polish is a very vibrant shade of pink--love it.

    ReplyDelete